Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone – Gary BiasBass – Larry KimpelDrums – Ricky LawsonKeyboards, Other [Horn Idea] – Brian SimpsonLead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Guitar [Wah Wah Guitar] – Norman BrownTrombone – Reginald YoungTrumpet – Raymond Brown
|2||For The Love Of You|
Backing Vocals – Arnold McCuller, Baby Lee, Bridgette B. Bryant/Fiddmont, Lynne Fiddmont/LindseyBass – Freddie WashingtonDrums – Land RichardsKeyboards – Gail Johnson, Herman JacksonLead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar – Norman BrownPercussion – Darryl Munyungo JacksonWritten-By – Chris Jasper, Ernest Isley, Marvin Isley, Kelly Isley, Ronald Isley, Rudolph Isley
|3||Let's Come Together|
Bass – James ManningDrums – Alonzo "Scooter" PowellGuitar – Norman BrownKeyboards [Bass Keyboard], Programmed By – Herman Jackson, Norman Brown
|4||After The Storm|
Bass – Freddie WashingtonDrums – Land RichardsGuitar – Norman BrownKeyboards – Herman Jackson
Backing Vocals – Arnold McCuller, Baby Lee, Bridgette B. Bryant/Fiddmont, Lynne Fiddmont/LindseyBass – Freddie WashingtonDrums – Land RichardsKeyboards – Gail Johnson, Herman JacksonLead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar – Norman BrownPercussion – Darryl Munyungo JacksonWritten-By – Luther Vandross, Marcus Miller
Bass – Freddie WashingtonDrums – Land RichardsFlugelhorn – Raymond BrownGuitar – Norman BrownKeyboards – Herman Jackson
|7||El Dulce Sol|
Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone – Gary BiasBass – George Lopez Drums – Land RichardsGuitar – Norman BrownKeyboards, Other [Horn Idea] – Herman JacksonPercussion – Darryl Munyungo JacksonTrombone – Reginald YoungTrumpet – Raymond Brown
|8||That's The Way Love Goes|
Guitar [Wah Wah Guitar], Bass, Keyboards, Drum Programming – Crayge LindesayLead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar – Norman BrownWritten-By – Janet Jackson, James Harris III & Terry Lewis
Acoustic Guitar – Norman BrownPercussion – Darryl Munyungo Jackson
|10||Take Me There|
Backing Vocals – Lynne Fiddmont/Lindsey, Norman BrownBass – Larry KimpelDrums – Ricky LawsonGuitar, Guitar Synthesizer [Guitar Synth Piano] – Norman BrownKeyboards – Brian SimpsonPercussion – Darryl Munyungo Jackson
|11||It Costs To Love|
Backing Vocals – DeNetria Champ, Lynne Fiddmont/Lindsey, Norman BrownBass – Freddie WashingtonDrums – Land RichardsGuitar, Lead Vocals – Norman BrownKeyboards, Piano – Herman Jackson
Acoustic Bass – Tony DumasDrums – Land RichardsGuitar – Norman BrownHorn – Raymond BrownKeyboards – Herman JacksonPercussion – Darryl Munyungo Jackson
- A&R [Production Coordinator] – Lisa Smith-Craig
- A&R [Project Superman Mr. Indispensable] – Bruce Walker
- A&R [Representative] – Guy Abrahams
- Arranged By – Crayge Lindesay (tracks: 3), Land Richards (tracks: 4-6, 8), Norman Brown (tracks: 1-9, 11, 12)
- Arranged By [Horn Arrangement] – Norman Brown (tracks: 7, 11)
- Arranged By [Vocal Arrangement] – Crayge Lindesay (tracks: 1), DeNetria Champ (tracks: 8), Lynne Fiddmont/Lindsey (tracks: 4, 6, 8), Norman Brown (tracks: 6, 8), Steve McKeever (tracks: 1)
- Art Direction – Jonathan Clark
- Design [Graphic Design] – Shauna Woods
- Engineer [Assistant] – Nazeeh Islam, Richard Huredia
- Executive-Producer – Steve McKeever
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Mixed By – Brant Biles (tracks: 2, 3, 5, 11, 12), Malcolm Cecil (tracks: 1), Ralph Sutton (tracks: 4, 6, 7, 8, 9), Robert Margouleff (tracks: 2, 3, 5, 11, 12)
- Other [Fashion Consultant] – Barron Dorhan
- Other [Hair Styling] – Mr. Charles McCoy
- Other [Make-Up] – LaLette LittleJohn
- Other [Wardrobe Courtesy Of] – It Takes II
- Photography By – James R. Minchin III
- Producer – Norman Brown
- Recorded By – Ralph Sutton
- Recorded By [Additional Recording] – Brant Biles (tracks: 1, 2, 3, 11), Robert Margouleff (tracks: 1, 2, 3, 11)
- Written-By – Les Colter (tracks: 8), Norman Brown (tracks: 1, 2, 5, 7-12)
This release was available through Columbia House membership subscription program in 1994..
Tracks 1, 2, 3, 5, 11, 12 were recorded using KRK Loudspeakers & B.A.S.E. Spatial Audio Processing System.
- Rights Society: ASCAP
- Rights Society: BMI
- Barcode: 0 20831-4817-2
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Motown Record Company, L.P.
- Published By – EMI Blackwood Music Inc.
- Published By – Normantic Music
- Published By – Black Ice Publishing
- Published By – Flyte Tyme Tunes
- Published By – EMI April Music Inc.
- Published By – Uncle Ronnie's Music Co. Inc.
- Published By – MCA Music Publishing
- Published By – Sunset Burgundy Inc.
- Published By – Bovina Music, Inc.
- Manufactured By – Motown Record Company, L.P.
- Recorded At – Winsonic Process & Recording Studios
- Recorded At – Quintus Recording Studios
- Mastered At – Bernie Grundman Mastering
- Record Company – Columbia House
After the Storm is the second album by jazz guitarist Norman Brown, released in 1994 on Motown Records. The album peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard Jazz Albums chart and No. 21 on the Billboard Top Soul Albums chart. After the Storm was also certified Gold in the US by the RIAA. The Earth, Wind & Fire Horns section of saxophonist Gary Bias, trumpeter Raymond Lee Brown and trombonist Reggie Young played on the album. After The Storm. Norman Brown - After The Storm 1994. To favorites 2 Download album. Listen album. Smooth Jazz. Norman Brown. Songs in album Norman Brown - After The Storm 1994. Norman Brown - Take Me There. Norman Brown - After The Storm. Norman Brown - That's The Way Love Goes. Norman Brown - Any Love. Norman Brown - Lydian. Norman Brown - For The Love Of You. Norman Brown - Trashman. Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin. Many of the tracks on After the Storm are formulaic, mid-tempo gems, but Brown adds zest to even the most typical groove with a lightning fast style that jumps off the disc. The Janet Jackson and Luther Vandross covers are fine, but better are more unique originals like Trashman, Take Me There, and others that use acoustic guitar and trumpet. As solid as this stuff gets. Track Listing. After the Storm is a classic jazz track and album written and produced by Norman Brown in 1994 for his second album with the same title. Norman Brown is free to Norman Brown After The Storm Take Me There, After The Storm and more. 12 tracks 59:31. Released May 17, 1994. After the Storm Tracklist. Take Me There Lyrics. Missing Lyrics. After The Storm Lyrics. Norman Brown Format: Audio CD. Please retry. Exclusive discount for Prime members. Sample this album Artist Sample. Norman is one of the reasons for this change. All 3 remakes on this album is very well done. Take out the background singers and I'd call it perfect. Album 1994 12 Songs. After the Storm. Джаз Brown. Album: After The Storm. Have This Want This. Album Info This Release. Visitor rating. Release date label labelcode medium genre submit corrections. 1994 motown. 21 on the R&B Albums chart. After the Storm was certified Gold in the US by the RIAA