Written-By – David Bowie
Written-By – Bertolt Brecht, Kurt Weill
- Producer – David Bowie, Tony Visconti
The version of Space Oddity on side B is a 1979 re-recording of the 1969 hit version.
℗ 1980 RCA Corporation
(Alabama Song) Universal Edition (Ldn) Ltd./GEMA (MCPS)-(Space Oddity) Essex Music Int. Ltd.
Issued in fold-out poster sleeve
NO timings on release.
- Matrix / Runout (Label, Side A): BOW 5 A
- Matrix / Runout (Label, Side B): BOW 5 B
- Matrix / Runout (Etched, Side A [variant 1]): BOW 5 - A [Lyre Symbol] TA KURT W
- Matrix / Runout (Etched, Side B [variant 1]): [Lyre Symbol] BOW 5 - B SORRY GUS W
- Matrix / Runout (Etched, Side A [variant 2]): BOW 5-A-1 [Lyre Symbol] TA KURT 'W' A1AH
- Matrix / Runout (Etched, Side B [variant 2]): BOW 5-B-1 SORRY GUS 'W' A2V [Lyre Symbol]
- Matrix / Runout (Etched, Side A [variant 3]): BOW 5-A-1 [Lyre Symbol] TA KURT W A1B
- Matrix / Runout (Etched, Side B [variant 3]): BOW 5-B-1 SORRY GUS W A2C [Lyre Symbol]
- Price Code: AA
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – RCA Corporation
- Copyright (c) – RCA Ltd.
- Manufactured By – RCA Ltd.
- Published By – Essex Music International
- Published By – Universal Edition (London) Ltd.
- Mastered At – Utopia Studios
- Pressed By – RCA Records Pressing Plant, Washington, UK
The Alabama Song-also known as Moon of Alabama, Moon over Alabama, and Whisky Bar-is an English version of a song written by Bertolt Brecht and translated from German by his close collaborator Elisabeth Hauptmann in 1925 and set to music by Kurt Weill for the 1927 play Little Mahagonny. It was reused for the 1930 opera Rise and Fall of the City of Mahagonny and has been notably covered by The Doors and David Bowie. Текст песни: Well, show me the way To the next whiskey bar Oh, dont ask why Oh, dont ask Bowie performs The Alabama Song by Bertold Brecht live in Berlin 2002. Watch out for the part where he sticks out his tongue at Gail Ann Song - David Bowie. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. Встречается в альбомах. A New Career in a New Town 1977 - 1982. David Bowie. Stage 2017. 1978 Live. Другие версии. Alabama SongLive. The Alabama Song also known as Whisky Bar, Moon over Alabama, or Moon of Alabama was originally published as a poem in Bertolt Brecht's Hauspostille 1927. It was set to music by Kurt Weill for the 1927 Songspiel Mahagonny and used again in Weill's and Brecht's 1930 opera Aufstieg und Fall der Stadt Mahagonny Rise and Fall of the City of Mahagonny. In the latter, it is performed by the character Jenny and her fellow prostitutes in the first act. The song was first performed and recorded. This has always been one of my favorite Bowie songs and I've always wanted a promo video for it, so I made one Compiled of clips from the Musikladen and Countdown. David Bowie - Alabama Song. On this page you can download song David Bowie - Alabama Song in mp3 and listen online. Classic Rock. Stage Remastered 1978 Version Disc 2. For the novel, see Alabama Song novel for the Allison Moorer album, see Alabama Song album for songs with similar titles, see Alabama disambiguationMusic. Alabama Song. Song by Kurt Weill. Alabama Song Freestyle. Alabama - Mountain Music. Alabama - Song Of The South. ALABAMA: Song of the south. Bertolt Brecht & Kurt Weill - Alabama Song. Pegg, Nicholas 2000, The Complete David Bowie, London: Reynolds & Hearn, ISBN 1-903111-14-5. External links. David Bowie Alabama Song: Oh, show me the way to the next whiskey bar Oh, don't ask why, no don't ask why For we must find the. Oh, moon of Alabama, it's time to say goodbye We've lost our good old mama And must have whiskey, oh, you know why. Oh, show us the way to the next little dollar Oh, don't ask why, oh, don't ask why For we must find the next little dollar Oh, if we don't find the next little dollar. I tell you we must die I tell you we must die I tell you, I tell you I tell you we must die